Welcome to Outer Cape Health Services! We are grateful for your choosing us as your healthcare provider.
The mission of Outer Cape Health Services is to provide a full range of healthcare and supportive social services that promote the health and well-being of those living in and visiting the Lower and Outer Cape. This includes you!
To become a new patient of Outer Cape Health Services, please follow these four steps:
- Complete our New Patient Admissions Packet. Read and complete a new patient admissions packet, available at all OCHS sites, and available at the bottom of this page as a PDF packet. To complete the PDF forms by typing, download and save the PDF to your computer, and type in the fillable fields. You may also print the form and complete by hand.
- Return your competed registration forms by mail, fax or email to:
ATTN: OCHS Medical Records
P.O. Box 598
Harwich Port, MA 02646
Fax: (508) 487-6298
- Apply for insurance if needed. We offer insurance enrollment support at our Wellfleet and Provincetown sites Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, or call for more information:
Wellfleet (508) 349-3131 Ext. 2107
Provincetown (508) 487-9395 Ext. 2021
Harwich (508) 905-2800 Ext. 2412
- Choose a primary care provider. We will contact you within 10 business days to help you choose a primary care provider and schedule a new patient appointment. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, feel free to contact us at (508) 905-2888.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I schedule an appointment before I complete the New Patient Admissions Packet?
We are unable to schedule an appointment until we receive the completed New Patient Admissions packet.
- How quickly can I be seen after I register?
Appointments for new patients are booked out at least 30 days in advance. The wait time after 30 days varies depending upon the provider. If you have an urgent health care need, please tell us on the health history form in the New Patient Admissions packet.
- I already have a primary care doctor. Can I keep my current doctor and register for your other services at OCHS?
Patients who receive primary care elsewhere may still register at OCHS for women’s health, optometry and dermatology services. Currently, for behavioral health and medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction, patients must also register to receive primary care at OCHS.
- I need to see a specialist. Can I get a referral once I have registered to be a new patient?
In most cases, your care team at OCHS will want to see you for a new patient appointment to get to know you and your health status before we refer you to a specialist. If you have an urgent need, please tell us on the health history form.
- I need refills on my medication. Can my new primary care provider refill them once I register to be a patient?
Outer Cape Health Services cannot refill medications until you have been seen by your new provider. The best thing to do is ask your previous provider to write a prescription that will cover you at least until your new patient appointment. If you are unable to get refills from your previous doctor, please tell us on the health history form.
If you are currently prescribed a controlled substance, please be advised that because controlled medications can be dangerous and addictive, and carry legal risks, Outer Cape Health Services has the following policy regarding controlled substances: If you believe you will require refill of or a new opiate prescription, please be aware that OCHS providers will not prescribe that type of medication at your first visit. Also, please be aware that OCHS providers will generally not prescribe or authorize the refill of opioids for chronic, non-cancer pain and will work with you to evaluate and manage your pain safely and sensibly.
We look forward to seeing you for your first visit!