Women, Infants & Children (WIC) is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food and other services free of charge to Massachusetts families who qualify.
What does WIC offer?
WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, new moms and kids under the age of five healthy. To do this, WIC provides:
- Personalized nutrition information, consultation and support
- A benefit card to buy free, healthy food
- Tips for eating well to promote health
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and other services that can benefit the whole family
- Breastfeeding support and resources, infant feeding classes and assistance obtaining breast pumps.
- Coupons to use at local summer Farmers’ Markets for fruits, vegetables or cut herbs
But that’s not all! WIC also offers immunization screening and referrals, and nutrition and health education on a variety of topics including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby, and shopping on a budget.
How to apply
WIC is for all kinds of families: Married and single parents, working or not working. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under the age of five, you can apply for WIC for your child.
To apply for WIC, please call the Outer Cape WIC program at (508) 240-0853 or start an application online.
Outer Cape WIC has day, evening and Saturday appointments available, and offices located in Harwich Port, Orleans, Eastham, and Provincetown.
Locations & Hours
Harwich Port WIC Program – Main Site
Outer Cape Health Services Harwich Port Health Center
710 Route 28, Harwich Port
Tuesday: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 4:30pm (except 2nd Thursday of each month)
Friday: 9:00am – 2:30pm
Orleans WIC Program
Lower Cape Outreach Council
19 Brewster Cross Road, Orleans
1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month: 9:00am – 4:30pm
3rd Saturday of each month: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Eastham WIC Program
Cape Cod Children’s Place
10 Ballwic Road, Eastham
2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Provincetown WIC Program
Outer Cape Health Services Provincetown Health Center
49 Harry Kemp Way, Provincetown
2nd Thursday of each month: 10:00am – 4:30pm